Monday, June 13, 2011

Nottz - You Need This Music (2010)

Excellent album from long time producer Nottz. He is pretty solid on the mic and the production is very good. Probably a sleeper album for most last year but hopefully not forgotten.

1. Intro f. Travis Barker
2. Fair Warning
3. Blast That f. Blackmilk
4. Shine So Brite
5. You Need This Music f. Dwele
6. I Do It For Yawl f. Kardinal Offishall & Little Brother
7. How Long Will It Last? f. Joy Denalane
8. A Dream Come True
9. I Still Love You f. Mayer Hawthorne
10. Dontcha Wanna Be (My Neighbor) f. Asher Roth & Colin Munroe
11. No Money Down f. Terese Cook
12. The Cycle f. Joel Ortiz
13. Never Caugh Slippin’ f. Snoop Dogg & Royce Da 5’ 9″
14. Right Here f. Bilal


Friday, June 10, 2011

Reggae Friday - Delroy Wilson - True Believer In Love (197x)

1. Here Comes The Heartache
2. Come Back Darling
3. True Believer In Love
4. Call On Me Baby
5. Breaking Up
6. Somebody Has Stolen My Girl
7. I Can't Stand It
8. Who Cares
9. Take It Easy
10. I'm In A Dancing Mood
11. Keep On Pushing
12. Can't You See That I Love You


Thursday, June 9, 2011

Ol' Buttermilk Sky

I never thought there would be so many albums named Ole Buttermilk Sky. Luckily this one isn't named that either. Another quality instrumental 2011 release.


Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Producer's Cut (2011)

This was recently re-released by K-Murdock with all of the skits that didn't make it onto the album originally back in 2006. It still has all of the songs and it includes 5 more skits (all of them are pretty short) that really bring the album together. Especially the Richard Pryor skits. Enjoy because I haven't seen this on the web, at all.


Monday, June 6, 2011

Meyhem Lauren - Self Induced Illness (2011)

This is a double disc album that spans about 2 hours and 20 minutes. I would say about 80% is excellent and the other 20% is alright. Still this is an excellent hip hop release with very good production and gritty rhymes from Meyhem Lauren. Definitely a quality 2011 release.

1. Divine Introduction
2. Haywood feat. J-Love
3. Cash is King
4. Analyze The Elements feat J-Love
5. Wack Rap Niggas
6. Steak With A Glass Of Red
7. Barbaric Madness feat. Victorious, Whyz Ruler & Thirstin Howl III
8. Heavy Cream
9. What Kind Of Life
10. Typhoon Rap feat. Action Bronson
11. Got the Fever
12. 7000 Thoughts
13. Bout To Win Again
14) Outdoorsmen Intervention feat. AG Da Coroner, Take It, Killa Sha, J-Love, Science & Prince
15. New York Where You At ?!
16. Still Golden
17. Aint It Funky feat. Science
18. The Geniva Conference feat. Bags, Action Bronson, Science, Animal & Jay Steele
19. Just Can’t Win
20. Murder At 1600 feat. Bags & Science
21. Close Call
22. Swiss Alps feat. Action Bronson
23. Crossroads feat. Roc Marciano
24. Lost Souls
25. Live Shit
26. Day After Day feat. Gab Gacha, Action Bronson & Animal
27. Verbal Snapshots
28. Clockwork
29. Another Hustle
30. Respect My Honesty
31. Hennessy feat. J-Love
32. Terminal Illness feat AG Da Coroner
33. Gunslinger
34. Amigo A.K.A. We Stole Fire feat. Animal
35. Got the Recipe feat. Action Bronson
36. Queens
37. Classic Material
38. Makin’ Stacks
39. They Scared
40. Bangathon Park
41. Guidance


Thursday, June 2, 2011

The Vultures - Desert Eagles Vol 1 (2010)

Some excellent hip hop from late in 2010. Very similar to the Brothaz Bent album I posted awhile back.

1. Open ya Mind
2. Bloody Pools
3. Pick Apart Brains
4. Represent It
5. Duck Down
6. Masterpiece
7. True Grunge
8. Vocal Slices
9. Seven (Aftermath Entourage)
10. Terror Children
11. Dungeon Rap
12. Silver Platter
13. Total Recall
14. Dead Awake
15. Hip Hop Knights
16. Le grand


Stars - Heart (2003)

The album cover for this album is super gay looking so I posted a pic of Jesus riding a dinosaur with unicorns fighting in the background. It is much better than the actual album cover.

Anyways this album is something I love listening to before going to bed. It helps me to relax and sleep better. It is a really soft indie rock album but I love it.

1. What the Snowman Learned About Love
2. Elevator Love Letter
3. Heart
4. The Woods
5. Death to Death
6. The Vanishing
7. Romantic Comedy
8. Time Can Never Kill the True Heart
9. Look Up
10. Life Effect
11. Don't Be Afraid to Sing
12. The Comeback


Radio Retaliation © 2008. Chaotic Soul :: Converted by Randomness