Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Doris Duke - I'm A Loser (1964)



This album is supposed to be a depressing look at southern soul music but it honestly cheers me up. The subjects she sings about are depressing but there is something about the plight of her songs that give me an uplifting feeling. Regardless of the subjects this album is amazing, the bass lines employed here are some of the best in soul music.


1. He’s Gone
2. I Can’t Do Without You
3. Feet Start Walking
4. Ghost of Myself
5. Your Best Friend
6. The Feeling Is Right
7. I Don’t Care Anymore
8. Congratulations Baby
9. We’re More Than Strangers
10. Divorce Decree
11. How Was I to Know You Cared
12. To the Other Woman (I’m the Other Woman)

Link

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Radio Retaliation © 2008. Chaotic Soul :: Converted by Randomness