Wednesday, February 11, 2009

No Doubt - Tragic Kingdom (1995)


This is one of my favorite alternative rock albums, and it's gotten more listens from me than a lot of classic hip-hop albums. I just love this album, even when I go back to it now from when I originally fell in love with it, it's just so great. It's a great mix of punk and ska and the whole 90s alternative scene, and Gwen Stefani's voice is just beautiful. This whole album, but notably "Don't Speak", is all about her breakup with fellow band member Tony Kanal, I think they went out for like 9 years or some crazy shit. "Just a Girl" is actually a real introspective song from Stefani, and "Don't Speak" is easily one of my top 10 songs of the 90s.

1. "Spiderwebs" 4:28
2. "Excuse Me Mr." 3:04
3. "Just a Girl" 3:29
4. "Happy Now?" 3:43
5. "Different People" 4:34
6. "Hey You" 3:34
7. "The Climb" 6:37
8. "Sixteen" 3:21
9. "Sunday Morning" 4:33
10. "Don't Speak" 4:23
11. "You Can Do It" 4:13
12. "World Go 'Round" 4:09
13. "End It on This" 3:45
14. "Tragic Kingdom" 5:31

Amazon


Link

6 comments:

Attack_on_Babylon said...

Good hookup, Chris. Don't Speak was one of my all time favorite tracks from the 90's, and I still love it.

Attack_on_Babylon said...

By the way, link doesn't work. :(

RIDES said...

Link should work now

Attack_on_Babylon said...

No, link still isn't working. :(

Bushdoctor420 said...

the link works for me

RIDES said...

If you wanna give me your AIM screen name I'll just send it to you

Post a Comment

 

Radio Retaliation © 2008. Chaotic Soul :: Converted by Randomness